Not everyone loves to do yoga, but surely you how important this activity is for the mind, the body and for the soul as you have been doing it for some time now. The sensation you get after exercising for only 30 minutes is by far one of the best feelings you can ever experience.
Why is yoga able to put us in such a great mood? The answer lays in the substances our bodies release after an intense physical activity. They are called endorphins and they are the ones to be blamed for our state of happiness. You can also eat chocolate and release the same substances, but after you’re done eating it, you will probably feel full and heavy. When it comes to yoga and sport, though, things are so much better! You feel tired, yet light and, most importantly, you feel great about yourself.
One word. 4 letters. One hour of practice followed by days filled with a clearer mind, a well-shaped body and a peaceful spirit. This is what yoga does to you. It is one of those sports that need time for the results to show up. It implies a lot of patience and determination. It will all be worth it, in the end or at least in time, when the results will be easy to spot.
Table Of Content:
- List of quality yoga mats for sweaty hands.
- Detailed review of best yoga mats for sweaty hands.
- How to prepare for yoga.
- How to clean a yoga mat(a video)
|Handmade Organic Cotton Yoga Mat||78 inch long, 27 inch wide, 0.2 inch thick||$$||4.9|
|Manduka Unisex PROlite Yoga Mat||79 inch long , 24 inch wid, 0.2 inch thick||$$$||4.9|
|Zen Active Non-Slip Yoga Mat||72 inch long, 24 inch wide, 0.25 inch thick||$||4.8|
|Yoga Mat by Youphoria Yoga||72 inch long, 24 inch wide, 0.25 inch thick||$$||4.6|
|Gaiam Print Premium Yoga Mats||68 inch long, 24 inch wide, 0.15 inch thick||$||4.6|
|Bixle Density Foam Yoga Mat||72 inch long, 23 inch wide, 0.5 inch thick||$||4.5|
|Aurorae Premium Classic Yoga Mat||72 inch long, 24 inch wide, 0.25 inch thick||$$||4.4|
|Aurorae Printed||72 inch long, 24 inch wide, 0.20 inch thick||$$$||4.4|
|Yoga Design Lab||70 inch long, 24 inch wide, 0.14 inch thick||$$$||4.3|
|Peak Fulfillment||76 inch long, 24 inch wide, 0.3 inch thick||$||4.2|
With so much information, no wonder if you feel a bit lost when hunting for the best yoga mats for sweaty hands. It’s ok. There are many things to look for and all this information can be quite a lot to take in at once. So, this is why we made up a list with 10 of the best yoga mats for sweaty hands. Analyze each option and then decide what exactly suits you the best.
1. Handmade 100% Organic Cotton Yoga Mat by Live Well 360
No wonder that it carries this name. This is surely one of the best yoga mats for sweaty hands out there! With a thickness of 4 mm, it will offer the support you need for your joints and it will also prevent you from causing any unwanted accidents.
It is made from all-natural, biodegradable cotton material, as opposed to some other yoga mats, which are made from non-biodegradable materials. And that’s why it is also eco-friendly and does not bring any harm to your health, so you can use it for as long as you want.
Pick this mat for your next yoga workout and you will be able to enjoy a cushioning that is both supportive and dense, as well as hygienic. The surface will protect you from any accidents that might take place and which could be caused by a potential slipping of the mat.
It is really light, but at the same time it also gives you the ability to enjoy a full and secure support. It is also made out of an eco-certified PVC and polyester, and you also get the guarantee that it is able to last for a lifetime.
This is one of the best yoga mats for sweaty hands, indeed! And especially for the hands of the beginners!
It is thicker with almost 50% than those you meet on the market and it has a double sided texture. One has the ability to reduce the slipping, while the other will give you some extra cushion.
The mat is made out of thick memory foam, which has the ability to relieve stress and increase flexibility. It is SGS approved and it is also free of latex or any other toxic materials, for that matter.
It is one of the best yoga mats for sweaty hands that will offer you a lifetime warranty and the ability to shine in the studio after years have passed by.
We are here to make sure you get to know what the best yoga mats for sweaty hands are. Going on with the list, we are presenting to you the Yoga Mat by Youphoria Yoga, a mat that is going to conquer your heart after taking a closer look.
It is eco-friendly, which means that there are no chemicals involved in the process of producing it. Also, the material that it is made of is high-density memory foam, which can offer stability to your hands and legs while performing the yoga poses. No pressure on the joints or knees, so that you can perform your activity as comfortable as possible.
The fact that it is composed of such a high-quality material, that will provide the ultimate grip for you. Moreover, the grip circles on the top prevent any sliding of the mat. Also, the top side will help you maintain your balance.
No chemicals in the process means no odors, so feel free to use it as long as you want!
The Gaia Print Premium is one of the best yoga mats for sweaty hands. Here is why we believe that. It has a thickness of no less than 5 mm, which offers you a stable and safe surface suitable for performing your activity during your yoga practice classes.
Whether you are using it at home or in a studio, be sure that it will provide the security you need to protect your joints and knees too in the form of an additional cushioning.
In what concerns the weight, it is really light and it is also very durable. For an excellent traction, the surface is textured and it can prevent any slip from taking place.
Try to not expose this mat at the sunlight for prolonged periods of time, as it may fade. Also, you can clean it using Gaiam’s Yoga Mat Cleaner Spray.
If you are aiming for one of the best yoga mats for sweaty hands, then you should know that this one is not only comfortable, but it is also durable and completely safe. It is made of foam that is really thick. This is the reason why it is provided with the comfort foam technology, which has as its main goal the absorption of the impact of physical activity over the joints and spine. It has a surface that is extremely resistant and which basically grips the floor, thus preventing any accident caused by potential slipping. Also, this is one of those surfaces that are really easy to clean and that lasts for a long time.
Use it if you are heading to one of your yoga, gym or Pilates classes. If you decide to stay in, but to make some exercise, this mat is going to help you while you perform your sit ups, your crunches or your push-ups.
You can find it in various colors and it also comes with a really stylish carrying case, so that it will be easier for you to carry it around. This is definitely one of the best yoga mats for sweaty hands ever!
It is ¼” thick, 72” long and 24” wide. It also has the icon of the Rising Moon focal point, which will maintain your focus by engaging you in a game of illuminating colors.
Have we mentioned that it is completely environmental-friendly? It has no traces of Phthalates, silicone or latex. It is biodegradable and it has been approved by the Oeko-Tex. It is thick enough to provide protection for your joints and knees, but at the same time, it gives you the permission to grip the floor for the balance poses you are most likely going to have to make.
This is one of the best yoga mats for sweaty hands. It is thick enough to be able to support the balance poses, but it also creates a stable surface, something that other mats cannot ensure.
The mat has been made out of a non-toxic resin and it certainly does not emit any toxic substances that would harm the owner, those that are around him/her or the environment.
So, if you decided that yoga is that one sport that fits you the best, you should make the necessary preparations. It is important to take the time and analyze every step of the way because you must feel completely comfortable with the equipment you are wearing. Remember that if you feel uncomfortable, this will lead to the disturbance of the actual exercise and therefore the time you spent on this activity will ultimately turn out to be useless. So, get as comfortable as you can and make sure that you are going to use the best products.
And if we are in the area of the products, then let’s talk about something that most of us don’t pay too much attention to: the yoga mat. You want to make sure that you are going to use the best yoga mats for sweaty hands. It is crucial and because of that, you should give it the proper attention.
So, before going out to get the best yoga mat for sweaty hands, here are some things you should know first:
- Choose the grip – There is literally nothing worse than trying to slide on your yoga mat while taking deep breaths. So, one thing the best yoga mat for sweaty hands is synonym with is a great grip. Test it out and if you notice that your hands are sliding or if you simply cling on to it as if you would be clinging for your life, then that is probably not the mat you should get.
- The padding – If you are a beginner, you should make sure that the padding of your best yoga mat for sweaty hands is thick enough. It will take some time until you will build up your strength, so your mat should be there to help you out in the meantime.
- Check the foam – When looking for the padding, make sure that you will also look for the foam. The thing is that you do not really want a big piece of foam to lie on. It is not suitable for yoga. It can be suitable at the gym, but surely not in your yoga class.
- The level of toxins – The best yoga mats for sweaty hands are PVC-free. Most of the mats contain this substance, which is basically a toxic plastic with carcinogenic properties. Go for a natural product instead, like a natural rubber. It feels so much better!
- Stay as light as possible – Especially if you are a beginner, you will understand that padding is an important element. However, you do not really want to carry around a heavy piece of equipment all day long, right? So, make sure to keep the balance between the thickness and the weight.
- You can spend more than the initial plan – The truth is that if you want to get the best mats for sweaty hands, then you will need to give out some extra cash. Even though at first you might be getting the feeling that you are saving up some money by buying a cheaper mat, it will eventually wear out extremely fast. Also, the environment will be affected and remember that the mats that are cheaper are usually a bit too thin and too flimsy.
- Pick out something funny – This is a trick and it does a great job. Just think about it this way: if it is nice to look at, you will get to enjoy it even more and you will be even more motivated to go and never miss one of your yoga classes.
As you know how yoga mat gets dirty as you sweat while working hard, Its important to clean your yoga mat. Here’s a quick and easy way to clean your yoga mat made with the ingredients that are easily available in your home.