Nurses spend all day on their feet, and this can really wreak havoc on their legs, hips and back. Finding the best shoes for nurses is an important task that we did not take lightly. When you rely on your feet all day long, it is important that you have shoes that provide comfort, safety and support. However, the market is filled with empty promises when it comes to the best shoes for nurses.
There are some key factors that help determine the best shoes for nurses. The nursing shoe industry has come a long ways, and there are many fashionable options. The best shoes for nurses are easy to move in, and provide ultimate support all day long. Plus, they will protect your feet from injury and help deter slippage while working.
To find the best shoes for nurses we evaluated them closely. The criteria is based on average rating, comfort level, quality and overall design. Our feet carry us all through life, and that means we have to properly take care of them. Finding the best shoes for nurses can make a huge difference in your life.
It’s less about achy feet, and more about enhancing your posture and spinal alignment. In the long run, these aspects will help deter long-term leg and foot pain. With that said, everyone is different, so top rated shoes may not be the best fit for you. However, that is why we included a variety to choose from. This list includes the best shoes for nurses for everyone.
There are so many benefits to buying a quality pair of nursing shoes. You will experience less foot and back pain, balance will be maintained, decreased spinal issues, decrease stress and discomfort. Spending 12 hours a day on your feet can really do a number on your overall health. We don’t all have the time to go to a shoe store and try on every pair of shoes until we find the right ones. Many people turn to reviews and lean on the feedback of others.
This guide was developed to help you find the best shoes for nurses. Stop living with pain and discomfort, and find shoes that will support your busy lifestyle as a nurse.
- 1 Comparison Chart of Best Shoes for Nurses
- 2 Detailed Review of Top Best Shoes for Nurses:
- 2.1 7. AnyWear Women’s Exact Health Care & Food Service Shoe3.9
- 2.2 6. NURSE MATES WOMEN’S DOVE SLIP-ON LOAFER 4.1
- 2.3 5. ALEGRIA WOMEN’S DEBRA SLIP-ON 4.2
- 2.4 4. SKECHERS WOMEN’S PREMIUM-PREMIX SLIP-ON SNEAKER 4.3
- 2.5 3. DANSKO WOMEN’S PROFESSIONAL OILED LEATHER CLOG 4.3
- 2.6 2. Timberland PRO Women’s Renova Patent Croc Work Shoe 4.3
- 2.7 1. Klogs USA Women’s Mission Mule 4.4
- 3 WHAT Features are included In The Best Shoes For Nursing?
- 4 HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT NURSING SHOES FOR YOUR NEEDS
- 5 Conclusion
Comparison Chart of Best Shoes for Nurses
|Klogs USA||1.25 inches||$$$||4.7|
|Timberland PRO||2.25 inches||$$$$||4.4|
|Skechers Sport||Not listed||$$||4.3|
|Nurse Mates||Not listed||$$||4.0|
Detailed Review of Top Best Shoes for Nurses:
7. AnyWear Women’s Exact Health Care & Food Service Shoe3.9
The AnyWear Women’s Exact shoe are lightweight and flexible. The material is easy to wipe clean, and the design of these shoes is appealing. They have a 1.25 inch heel, and a slip resistant rubber outer sole. The insoles are removable, which allows you to clean the shoe in cool or warm water. These shoe come in a variety of colors and patterns, which makes it easy to find a pair that suits your lifestyle. These lightweight shoe are the perfect solution for nurses working long shifts.
- Synthetic sole
- Heel measures approximately 1.25″
- Platform measures approximately 0.5″
- Slip-on clog featuring removable insole with vent channels and flexible traction-pod outsole
6. NURSE MATES WOMEN’S DOVE SLIP-ON LOAFER 4.1
Nurse Mates is no stranger to the nursing shoe industry. They offer some of the best shoes for nursing on the market. The Dove Slip On Loafer is designed for ultimate comfort. They are lightweight and have a rubber sole that is slip resistant. Nurses can work long shifts in these shoes, while avoiding fatigue and discomfort. Loafers are easy to slip on and off. These shoes come in black or white, and you have your choice of matte or glossy finish.
- Rubber Sole
- Slip Resistant
- Easy to wipe clean
- Choice of finish and color
- Made of Leather
5. ALEGRIA WOMEN’S DEBRA SLIP-ON 4.2
Alegria is another brand of top quality nursing shoes. These designer clogs offer a slip resistant bottom, and a stain proof coating. Nursing is not always a clean job, so having a stain proof coating is a major bonus. They are fashionable and come in a number of designs. The heel measures 1.5 inches, and there is a 1 inch platform. The elastic material makes it easy to take the shoe on and off. These shoes offer a foam foot-bed, which provides comfort during a long day.
- Synthetic sole
- Heel measures approximately 1.5″
- Platform measures approximately 1″
- Contrast stitching edges
- Foam foot-bed
- Elastic goring makes for easy on and off.
4. SKECHERS WOMEN’S PREMIUM-PREMIX SLIP-ON SNEAKER 4.3
Sketcher is a well known brand of shoes, as they are utilized by those who love gym shoes. This high quality sneaker has a pleasing design that will go with all apparel. They offer ultimate comfort, which is provided with a cushioned foot-bed. The soles are rubber, and they are designed to easily slip on and off. There are no laces to worry with, and the tongue is cushioned for comfort. These shoes are a great option for those nurses looking for an alternative to traditional clog style nursing shoes.
- Rubber sole
- Slip-on sneaker with polished hardware and perforated panels
- Cushioned tongue, collar, and footbed
- Supportive air cushion in heel
3. DANSKO WOMEN’S PROFESSIONAL OILED LEATHER CLOG 4.3
The best shoes for nursing begin and end with this Dansko. They are a leader in the nursing shoe industry. Not only are they fashionable, they also provide the much needed support that a nurse requires. These shoes were designed to be utilized in everyday life. They are made with quality material, and designed to care for your feet when standing for long hours. They provide the right level of arch support without jeopardizing overall comfort. These Dansko Clogs have a 2 inch heel, and are available in a variety of colors, including black, brown, wine, hickory and blueberry. You can also get them in a mat or glossy finish. If you want a clog that will provide you with protection and comfort, then you need to check these shoes out.
- All day comfort and support
- Adequate arch support.
- Padded Instep Collar, which allows more comfort when walking.
- Breathable PU Foam Footbed offers temperature control.
- Rocker Bottom reduces fatigue and offers shock absorption comparable to athletic footwear.
2. Timberland PRO Women’s Renova Patent Croc Work Shoe 4.3
Timberland is a top manufacturer of nursing shoes. These Croc style shoes are easy to slip on and off, and provide all day comfort. They are stylish and come in a number of colors and patterns. Timberland uses an anti-fatigue technology, which helps keep your feet alive and ready to work. The featured molded and inverted cone insole helps give support, absorb shock and re-energize. The rocker sole is anatomically shaped to help decrease the impact on your heels when walking. Made with premium full grain leather, these shoes are made for durability and longevity. They have a 3M Scotchgrad protector for stain resistance. These shoes have all the support that is needed to deter leg and back pain.
- Synthetic suede lining for comfort and odor control
- Heel measures approximately 2.25″
- Variety of colors: burgundy, navy, chestnut, white, black.
- Scotchgard(tm) protector by 3M provides stain resistance.
- Heel-to-toe rocker sole reduces forefoot pressure and aids in controlling proper joint motion through the ankles, knees, and hips.
- Anatomically shaped oblique toe-box allows room for the forefoot to spread, reducing fatigue.
- Anti-Fatigue Technology
1. Klogs USA Women’s Mission Mule 4.4
Klogs USA is the maker of the best shoes for nurses. This Mission Mule is designed around support, comfort and style. These leather shoes are available in a number of colors and patterns. The close back allows for more support than you would get from a clog. Super comfy and rated for all day wear without any aches and pain. Contains removable, cushioned and supportive polyurethane insole. They contain a slip resistant sole, which is important in the nursing industry. The inner and outer soles are made for longevity. They are affordable and a top choice among those in the nursing industry.
- Synthetic sole
- Heel measures approximately 1.25″
- Platform measures approximately 0.75″
- Slip resistant sole
WHAT Features are included In The Best Shoes For Nursing?
There are many aspects that need to be considered when purchasing the best shoes for nurses. You must first determine the type of shoes you want. There are a variety of options, including clogs, mules and sneakers. You want to choose a shoe that will support your body weight and the movements that you will make. Assess the shoe to ensure they will protect your feet from becoming injured. Always invest in a pair that have anti-slip properties. Above all, the shoe needs to decrease the stress that is placed on parts of your body, such as your ankles, joints, legs, hips and back.
Finding the best shoes for nurses can make a huge difference in your life and career. Working long shifts can wear on all parts of your body, and this can have a huge impact on your overall health. Reducing the physical stress that is placed on your feet will help you focus on the things that are important. The best shoes for nurses will help you spend less time thinking about the discomforts that you are experiencing, and more time doing what’s important.
Investing in the best shoes for nurses should include:
- Comfort– You want shoes that are comfortable, and easy to slide on and off.
- Support– The shoes that you choose will need to provide support to your feet, legs and back.
- Safety– Safety is an important factor when looking for the best shoes for nurses. You want to ensure that your feet are protected against dangerous objects and have anti-slip protection.
- Stability– This purchase should be looked at as an investment. You want a shoe that provides you stability while walking and standing, as well as one that is made for longevity.
- Reduced Stress– All the best shoes for nurses will decrease the physical stress and discomfort that is felt throughout the day.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT NURSING SHOES FOR YOUR NEEDS
The best shoes for nurses will decrease stress, improve comfort and provide great overall protection. You will want to understand the shape of your feet, and how weight is distributed. This will help you purchase a shoe that will fully support you all day long. When you have adequate support, you will feel nothing but comfort when wearing your shoes.
Since our feet are all different, one shoe may be the best for your coworker, but does not correctly support you. This is because we are all different shapes and sizes, and the way our weight is distributed will be different. If you are flat footed, then you will find comfort in shoes that are designed with high arches. Those who suffer with lower back pain may choose a shoe that specifically caters to that condition. Knowing the correct size and shape of your feet will help you find the best shoes for nurses.
Here are some situations that need to be considered when purchasing the best shoes for nurses.
- Wide Feet
- Flat Feet
- High Arches
- Lower Back Pain
Each of these conditions will affect the way you walk and stand. You will need to know these things to find the right type of nursing shoe and insole that is right for you. Ensure that you know any factors that could play a role in causing discomfort. This is the best way to find shoes that will properly support the conditions that you have.
Finding the best shoes for nurses can feel like a daunting task. There are so many brands and options on the market. You want to take all factors into consideration when making this investment, as it can make a huge impact on your daily life. The best shoes for nurses will be comfortable, durable, supportive and easy to care for.
Remember, all feet are not created equally, so you may have to go through several different pairs before finding a pair that suits your needs. Understanding your options will help you make the best possible decision. Style is a nice factor to have, but comfort and support can help decrease overall health problems.